All zoned high schools offering The Academies of Nashville are invited to participate in a district-wide competition to create marketing videos that focus on what’s great about their Academy offerings for the 2012-13 school year. Videos will be shared with the broader community to tell your school’s academy story and raise awareness about The Academies of Nashville.
· Each of the twelve zoned high schools may submit one student produced video for each of their academies including freshman academy
· Each video must demonstrate the link between real world experience and academy offerings
· Each academy pathway should be represented
· Video must feature the formal name of the academy and the approved logo
· Videos should appeal to a broad community audience including students, parents, and diverse linguistic, ethnic and racial populations.
· Video submissions must be no longer than two (2) minutes max and be filmed utilizing an HD Flip Camera. Every high school was sent two (2) Flip Camera’s for this purpose
· Each video submission must be made on a flash drive (to be provided) and include all necessary paperwork including release forms from all featured “actors” in the video. Release forms are attached.
· Students should be as creative as possible but must not disparage any other academy.
· All submissions MUST BE COMPLETELY PREPARED BY CURRENT MNPS ENROLLED STUDENTS. Students must be enrolled within the academy for which they are submitting a video. Students must edit the videos themselves or utilize the resources available through the Martin Professional Development Center.
· Video must contain no copy written materials and must be created by students or be creative commons
· Once submitted, all videos become the property of MNPS
· Should your academy not have a partner who can assist in mentoring when needed, a mentor will be provided. Please contact email@example.com for more info.
· Videos will be judged using a scoring rubric by a panel of independent professionals as well as by the Nashville Community
· Videos will be posted online (wiki), shared virally through Facebook, and will undergo a popular voting contest where members of the community are able to sign in and vote for their favorite video. Community voting will also be available using a phone and a QL code will be created that when scanned, will re-direct to the public scoring site
· A combined total score will determine winners.
· One Best in Show
· One Best of Each Academy Theme
· Best Content
· Best Script
· Best Video Personality
· Best Presentation (stand out) Creativity
· Best Example of Hands-on Learning
· Winner of Community Vote
· Trophy for winning Academies
· $1,000 Cash Prize for Best in Show Academy and feature in final edited commercial· Best in Show video will automatically be entered into the Nashville Film Festival's Young Film Makers
· Contest Announced – January 2013
· Video Submissions Due - March 22, 2013
· Award Show: April 22, 2013, 12-1:00 pm
The Academy of Nashville Student Video Awards Show will take place during the Nashville Film Festival at:
Regal Green Hills 16
3812 Green Hills Village Dr.
Nashville, TN 37212
April 22, 2013
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Submissions should be saved onto flip drive and delivered by March 22nd, 2013 to:
Academies of Nashville Program Manager
Metro Nashville Public Schools
2601 Bransford Ave. Suite C-404
Nashville, TN 37204
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org