2012 Social and Emotional Learning Conference
Metro Nashville Public Schools and the Alignment Nashville Social and Emotional Learning Committee present the second full-day Social and Emotional Conference which consists of a collection of workshops designed to bring awareness to the district and the community around social and emotional learning. We also hope to invoke more conversation at the school level around this area of understanding.
Friday July 16th, 2012
7:30 - 4:15
Martin Professional Development Center
Attendees of this conference will gain:
All workshops presented at the SEL Conference are centered around 5 KEY Areas of SEL as defined by CASEL (Collaborative for Academic Social and Emotional Learning)
- An improved understanding of Social and Emotional Learning (SEL)
- A common language of SEL
- Gain understanding of how SEL impacts school climate
- Self Awareness - recognizing one's emotions and values as well as one's own strengths and limitations.
- Responsible Decision Making - making ethical, constructive choices about personal and social behavior.
- Relationship Skills - forming positive relationships, working in teams, dealing effectively with conflict.
- Social Awareness - showing empathy and understanding for others
- Self-management - managing emotions and behaviors to achieve one's goals.