Navigating MNPS Calendars
- Calendar - to view the main calendar(s)
- View by Month - to view a complete month's worth of events. (Events are listed by date beneath the calendar table.)
- View by Week -to view events one week at a time. (Events are listed by date beneath the calendar table.)
- Search & Advanced to find a specific event
- Submit an Event to complete an event posting request (Login required – Employees should use their MNPS username and password to post events.)
- Events must be approved for public viewing
How to Change the Calendar View
The calendar display defaults to the current month with today's date highlighted. To change the calendar view, select:
- The arrows on either side of the month displayed "<< Previous | Next >>"to view the previous or next month's events
- Month – View events for the entire month
- Week- Display events for the current week
- Day – Select a specific date within the calendar (i.e.: March 15) to view events on that specific day
- The event title (highlighted in blue in the event listing under the calendar) to view all available event details, such as sponsor(s) location, etc.
- Listing of Events Graphical Calendar
How to Search for an Event
If you want to see if a particular event has already been posted, the search function enables you to search the entire calendar for events. The Advances Search option allows for:
- Keyword options – enter the appropriate keyword
- Category - select the most appropriate category, or all categories if uncertain
- Date/date range – select appropriate date
You can search for all events falling on or between specific dates. The default search range is the current date.
- Enter your date range into the form using the "Date From" and "Date To" fields.
- Searching by keyword - You can search for an event by any combination of keywords.
- Select the appropriate Category or select “all categories”
- Select "Search" to run the search.
Note: Events can be sorted by Relevance, but Advanced Search allow for the sorting of events by relevance, title or date.
How to Submit a Request
MNPS employees can submit a district or school event. Once your request has been approved, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. Note: MNPS Calendar Managers have the right to refuse a request based on departmental policy. If this occurs, you will receive an e-mail citing the reason.
IMPORTANT: Events will not be displayed on the calendar until approved by the designated calendar manager.
- Select "Submit A New Event" (located above the calendar display).
- Choose “Submit A New Event ” to add a single event
- Please contact your Calendar Manager for repeating events, which span multiple days.
- Enter your event data into the online form. Note: * denotes required fields.
- Select "Submit" to send your request to the administrator for review.
Calendar Attachments / Adding Attachment
Attachments may be added for individual meeting submission and should be submitted only in the following formats:
- doc – word documents
- xls – excel spreadsheet
- Pdf – pdf document
- rtf – rich text format
Note: Single EVENT submission is required for meeting with attachments. Multiple EVENT submissions should be e-mailed to the designated calendar managers/approvers. All Attachments should be calendar and event specific.