Intellectually gifted and academically talented learners are those whose intellectual abilities and potential for achievement are so outstanding that they need special attention to meet their educational needs. We embrace and value a diverse student population and community. Different perspectives and backgrounds form the cornerstone of our strong public education system.
MNPS Gifted services will provide students identified as intellectually gifted or academically talented opportunities for advancing intellectual capacity while enhancing foundational knowledge and skills and developing the character necessary to excel in higher education, work, and life.
We embrace and value a diverse student population and community. Different perspectives and backgrounds form the cornerstone of our strong public education system.
- To develop divergent thinking abilities through problem solving that challenge the creative and critical thinking process
- To offer instructional experiences in which intellectual peers have opportunities for productive learning as team members
- To expand general curriculum through in-depth explorations in the arts, humanities, mathematics and sciences
- To discover and apply scientific and mathematical concepts in real-world settings
- To develop critical reading abilities through the analysis of great fiction and non-fiction
- To offer career and college counseling